Erik Qualman is the Global Vice President of Online Marketing for EF Education, headquartered in Lucerne, Switzerland. EF Education is the world’s largest private educator. Qualman has realized that Social Media is more then just a fad and has statistics to prove it.
- By 2010 Gen Y will outnumber Baby Boomers….96% of them have joined a social network
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web
- 1 out of 8 couples married in the U.S. last year met via social media
- Years to Reach 50 millions Users: Radio (38 Years), TV (13 Years), Internet (4 Years), iPod (3 Years)…Facebook added 100 million users in less than 9 months…iPhone applications hit 1 billion in 9 months.
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 4th largest between the United States and Indonesia
Qualman just finished writing a book called “Socialnomics: How social media transforms our lives and the way we do business” from Wiley Publishing. This Video production of Erik Qualman on YouTube explains his theory of Socialnomics(TM) with more relevant social media statistics is excellent.
For more information here is the website http://socialnomics.net/