By: Chris Yates
Here are my Top 10 Video Stats
1. The average U.S. Internet user watches 186 videos per month
183 million Americans watched a total of 33.9 billion online videos in May 2010 alone.
(Source: Comscore Video Metrix)
2. More video is uploaded to Youtube in 60 days than all TV networks created in 60 years
Youtube is by far the dominant video platform today, with over 85% of total
views. Every single minute, 24 hours of new video material are published
on Youtube. That’s a total of about 12.6 million hours of video every
(Sources: ReelSEO, Youtube)
3. E-commerce sites that use product videos sell up to 45% more
Online retailer Onlineshoes.com says it sees a 45% higher conversion rate for
customers who watch videos on its web site. And online shopping king
Zappos.com says it sells up to 30% more for products that it shows in
videos instead of just static pictures.
(Sources: ReelSEO, Internet Retailer)
4. 19% of small business advertisers already use video — up from 8% a year earlier
Video is the fastest-growing web site feature, according to a survey of
12,000 growing businesses. And 33% of online retailers plan to add video
to their sites in 2010, more than any other website feature.
(Source: WebVisible, Forrester)
5. Cisco predicts by 2013 that 90% of all web traffic will be generated by video.
6. According to Forrester research Video SEO is 53 times more likely to drive a 1st page search result than traditional SEO
7. Kelsey Group study found that 55% of people who view a video visit the company’s website and 24% make a purchase as a result of watching.
8. A minute of video is worth 1.8 million words according to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research. (Forrester, January 2009)
9. 80% of web users have watched a video ad online – 16% talked to friends/family about the product and 9% forwarded the video ad to friends/family. Source: Yellow Pages & Internet Retailer reports that visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not, based on OnlineGolf.com results. (Internet Retailer, April 2010)
10. Video in email marketing has been shown to increase click-through rates by over 96%. In response, the number of marketers planning to use video in email campaigns has increased 5x since the beginning of 2009. (Implix 2010 Email Marketing Trends Survey)
Licensed under a creative commons share-alike. Use freely and link to huddleproductions.com